Risk Alchemy Labs
Experiments and Discussions
For the latest in tips, tricks, blogs, and news.
This article was posted in January by Malwarebytes but we are still seeing a rise in ransomeware. RA is actively helping customers identify and remediate issues....
First lets be clear, Cyber Insurance IS NOT A DEFENSE! We in the industry continue to heat this at an executive level so lets discuss. Cyber insurance is still being sold by traditional means, currently it only makes up about 1% of all insurance types. That being said...
- ADP Users Hit with Phishing Scam Ahead of Tax SeasonFraudulent emails tell recipients their W-2 forms are ready and prompt them to click malicious links. Read more »
- With International Tensions Flaring, Cyber-Risk Is Heating Up for All BusinessesRisks of nation-state attacks go beyond Iran, and the need for awareness and security don't stop at any national border. Read more »
- New Attack Campaigns Suggest Emotet Threat Is Far From OverMalware described by the DHS as among the worst ever continues to evolve and grow, researchers from Cisco Talos, Cofense, and Check Point Software say. Read more »
- NY Fed Reveals Implications of Cyberattack on US Financial SystemA "pre-mortem analysis" sheds light on the potential destruction of a cyberattack against major US banks. Read more »
- 2017 Data Breach Will Cost Equifax at Least $1.38 BillionCompany agrees to set aside a minimum of $380.5 million as breach compensation and spend another $1 billion on transforming its information security over the next five years. The 147 million US consumers affected by the breach have one week from today to file a claim. Read more »
- Microsoft Patches Windows Vuln Discovered by the NSAThe National Security Agency is publicly acknowledged for its finding and reporting of CVE-2020-0601, marking the start of what it says is a new approach to security. Read more »
- Cloud Adoption & Technology Change Create Gaps in Enterprise SecurityMany companies are struggling to get a handle on risk exposure because of visibility issues, Radware survey shows. Read more »
- 'Fancy Bear' Targets Ukrainian Oil Firm Burisma in Phishing AttackThe oil & gas company is at the heart of the ongoing US presidential impeachment case. Read more »
- Attackers Increasingly Focus on Business DisruptionNetwork intruders are staying undetected for an average of 95 days, enabling them to target critical systems and more completely disrupt business. Read more »
1016 Delaware Avenue
Wilmington, DE 19806
Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest and greatest information from the Alchemy Labs. No spam, just information you can use.